- I was supposed to fly out of Austin at the crack of dawn on Saturday connecting through Houston. I missed my flight, and ended up going through Orlando. Travel tip: flights arriving/departing Orlando are full of other folks' screaming kids.
- Nunnrey, true to form, left his phone (and dignity) at some bar Saturday night. I believe B-rad retrieved it and mailed it back to him.
- We had prearranged a cab to pick us up at 5:15am Sunday. I slept straight through the alarms I had set on my phone, and was awoken at 5:20am by the hotel lobby letting us know our cab was waiting. We grabbed our luggage and headed out dirty. Here starts a disturbing trend (reference this). Nunnrey made me ride up front with our cabby. I don't know if the car's AC was out, or just not on, but it was kinda warm for a fella that had drank half the beer in Alabama the night before. Anyway, the cabbie had a bunch of jokes queued up for me the entire ride to the airport. I could have handled some silence. At least he didn't poke me in the chest.
- On the positive side, the flights from Birmingham to Houston, and Houston to Austin & San Antonio were pretty sparse. I guess nobody wants to wake up that early.
- I wasn't feeling quite right for the next couple of days. I'm getting old.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Congratulations to Deebo. The trip to Birmingham was not kind to Nunnrey and me.