- I was supposed to fly out of Austin at the crack of dawn on Saturday connecting through Houston. I missed my flight, and ended up going through Orlando. Travel tip: flights arriving/departing Orlando are full of other folks' screaming kids.
- Nunnrey, true to form, left his phone (and dignity) at some bar Saturday night. I believe B-rad retrieved it and mailed it back to him.
- We had prearranged a cab to pick us up at 5:15am Sunday. I slept straight through the alarms I had set on my phone, and was awoken at 5:20am by the hotel lobby letting us know our cab was waiting. We grabbed our luggage and headed out dirty. Here starts a disturbing trend (reference this). Nunnrey made me ride up front with our cabby. I don't know if the car's AC was out, or just not on, but it was kinda warm for a fella that had drank half the beer in Alabama the night before. Anyway, the cabbie had a bunch of jokes queued up for me the entire ride to the airport. I could have handled some silence. At least he didn't poke me in the chest.
- On the positive side, the flights from Birmingham to Houston, and Houston to Austin & San Antonio were pretty sparse. I guess nobody wants to wake up that early.
- I wasn't feeling quite right for the next couple of days. I'm getting old.
Friday, July 22, 2011
Deebo's Wedding Wrapup
Congratulations to Deebo. The trip to Birmingham was not kind to Nunnrey and me.