Wednesday, December 31, 2008
If you feel yourself getting a little tired while you're drinking--pick up a Sparks.
- This is the guy that lived on Nunnrey's couch for a little while in San Antonio before moving in with JT for an extended stay in Tulsa earlier this decade.
- Maybe JT or Nunnrey can clarify here, but I believe he has 3 kids from 3 different mommas.
- I believe he's been married two times before, but is currently divorced (and dating someone in a long term relationship).
- He was previously a Marine and has also served in the Army. I believe he has also had a stint as a bounty hunter.
- Beau is a good guy and at a bar he's the type of dude you would much rather have on your side since his Marine training has taught him to kill with well over 100 different methods (and that is just with a paper clip).
- Beau has certainly made it through some tough times and lived to tell about some interesting experiences.
- I get laid like a sack of fertilizer.
- I gotta be careful because I just walk into a room and b!tches get pregnant.
- When you say something is "frowned upon" do you mean they poke out their bottom lip and look upset or do you mean it is against the rules (this was more acted out rather than simply said).
- Beau's ex-wife made an appearance on Dr. Phil to explain how her life had been ruined by Beau. Not sure if Beau was invited to the show or not, but amazingly enough Dr. Phil sided with Beau on this and told the ex that she needed to let go of the anger and move on with her life or she would be alone forever.
- While catching Beau up on Nunnrey, he told us of a story from the glory days of high school football. Biloxi High was taking on St. Augustine in the New Orleans Superdome. While out in the huddle, Beau noticed a short, stocky fellow running out to replace one of the other lineman. Who was the stud coming in...it was Nunnrey. The play was called and the huddle broke. Nunnrey lined up on the wrong side of the ball and a timeout had to be called to prevent a penalty. Not sure if Nunnrey got to play too much more in the Superdome game.
- Got to hang out with CAZPAdaGHOST (Shey's cousin) for a little while. I am a little disappointed though...he did not have any of his CDs on hand that I could buy.
- Shey surprised me with a Red Ryder BB Gun for Christmas. As she handed me the wrapped box she said I would never guess what it was. I immediately said this is a Red Ryder BB Gun and she asked how I knew. I'm not sure who she thinks she is dealing with, but I've seen A Christmas Story (one of the best movies ever) enough times to know what a wrapped Red Ryder BB Gun looks like.
- Shey's father took me deer hunting. Not that big of a deal for some of you, but this is only my second time ever. The night before Shey and her sister jokingly warned me not to shoot too big of a buck (better leave those for Daddy) or one of his pets (a couple of does that hang out and are seen almost daily). As luck would have it, I didn't see any bucks, but I did get to see one small doe (which I did not shoot at).
- The day before the big hunt, Shey's father let me take the rifle I would be using (.35 caliber Marlin lever-action) out to the backyard (they live in a very rural area) to do some target practice. With my first shot I actually hit the bucket I was aiming at. Then my next three shots missed.
- After my hunting rifle lesson ended, Shey's father then broke out the AK-47 so I could take a few shots with it. Amazingly, I actually hit the target a couple of times.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
After taking a moment to reflect on things, have I become Scrooge? Here's someone who was depending on this job to get by, particullary with the construction market the way it currently is and all I am worried about is meeting schedules and budgets. Now don't get me wrong, I feel fortunate to be in the position that I am in and the only way to get noticed in my business to meet schedules and pinch pennies, so I gotta do what I gotta do, this just made me feel like a dick.
Now I think I know what Les and all the other bleeding heart liberals feel like on a daily basis... good thing the feeling passed quickly.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I'll never forget Capt Bob introducing me Bananas Foster (still my favorite to this day).
Watching him sleep with a Winston hanging from his lip wondering if he could actually get thru the entire cig without the ash breaking free.
Capt Bob sailing us to the Bahamas for our senior trip and putting up with 6 punk ass teenage boys. As long as we kept him in steady supply of cold Kalik beer.
Knowing that after 4 years of high school and untold cases of beer that J and I lifted from his supply Capt Bob never once complained.
You will be missed....
Friday, December 19, 2008
The night started off at the apartment and John was trying to get in touch with another high school friend known as The Dr. Come to find out The Dr. actually lived in the same apartment complex as me. After The Dr. and John got their bearings they figured out they were actually looking at each other on balconies across the parking lot.
The Dr. came over to have some drinks with us and reminisced that some African-American gentlemen used to live in my apartment before us. He went on to explain that they had this large, red couch that he could see from his apartment. At that point boy Shay interjected that this was actually his old couch. After The Dr. took his foot out of his mouth we all had a good laugh. While I don't actually remember seeing the red couch I will never forget it.
Next, we all headed out to get our grub on at Outback Steakhouse. While I know the name is misleading, this is actually a restaurant that specializes in steaks. I seem to recall that we had a rather large party that included a couple of females. When the food started coming out I can remember the waitstaff calling out entree names so that each of us could claim it. I distinctly remember both females having some sort of beef related dish.
Hahahha you fools... You ordered chicken and ham from omaha 'steaks'... What a bunch of morons!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
- Mark, where are your pics and stories from India? Not very often someone from this group arrives in a foreign city the day after a terrorist attack ends. Let's hear about it.
- Michael, did you make it out to The Playboy Mansion? That camera is like an extension of your hand...you know we need some pics. If you didn't make it out there then there better be a good story as to why not.
- Mark, when you gonna share some pics of your Biloxi mansion? I'll get John to send his mother-in-law over there with a list of HOA problems if you don't.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
December 10, 2008STARKVILLE, Miss. – The Mississippi State athletic department has announced plans to introduce its 32nd head football coach on Thursday, December 11. The initial event will be held at 10 a.m. in the Templeton Athletic Academic Center. Doors will open at 9 a.m.The fan event will feature the new head coach, interim president Dr. Roy Ruby and director of athletics Greg Byrne, and will be followed by a press conference.After the Starkville event, Byrne and the new head coach will are tentatively scheduled to attend events around the state of Mississippi, and those plans will be announced when finalized.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Byrne is the current athletics director. On July 1, 2008. On June 7, 2008, Byrne hired John Cohen to replace Ron Polk, who retired in March. Polk, who endorsed his assistant Tommy Raffo upon his retirement, protested the hire, and called Byrne unqualified. However, Polk had only underestimated the greatness that is Greg Byrne. It has been rumored that Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer wear Greg Byrne pajamas.
Friday, December 5, 2008
Women sought in Sixth Street abductions
Police say they are looking for four women suspected of abducting men on Sixth Street, stealing their credit or debit cards and running up the bills on those cards by buying as much as $3,000 worth of gift cards and other items at stores such as Wal-Mart, McDonald's and Walgreens.
Police have not released detailed descriptions or photographs of the suspects, or the victims' names.
Austin Police Department Sgt. Justin Newsom said that the women's three victims reported they were picked up in a white Suburban and awoke later with little memory of what else had occurred.
He said that one man said he was robbed Sept. 20 and the other two men on Oct. 18.
Newsom said that two of the men woke up in a hotel parking lot. The other was "kicked out of the van" and his wallet was taken, Newsom said. He said that all of the victims reported that they had been drugged, but that "there is no actual evidence of that."
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Dozens of young Somali men in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area have disappeared in recent months, causing community members and U.S. intelligence officials to fear that they are joining jihadist groups in Somalia.
Monday, December 1, 2008
"We have bracelets, earrings, rings, men's, women's, children's, watches, Rolexes, TVs, CDs, DVDs, computers, tools, guns," Vargas said.The staff of Action Pawn in Round Rock said their store rarely finds itself this well-stocked. They said they've had an 11 percent increase in loans."It's been busy as far as sales and as far as people needing a little extra money to make it through the week. With the holidays ... to have an unexpected family member to stop by. So they need money for extra groceries or gas," Vargas said.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
So, the big question is: Who the hell, now?
Friday, November 28, 2008
*I'm thankful I was not out shopping today amongst all of the crazies. As you probably have heard by now, there was a shooting today at my local Toys 'R' Us store. Thank God I bought my Wii months ago. This also provides me with ammo (no pun intended) the next time my girlfriend complains about me shopping online too much.
*Like MSUJameson, my 401k is down 49%.....I'm thankful it's not 100%!
*I'm thankful that I live far enough away from the South that no one is likely to give me shit about our shitty football team!
*I'm thankful for slot machines. On Wednesday night, I walked into a local casino who had sent me some free slot play in the mail. That evening, I inserted $0 into the slot machine yet walked away with $400. Happy Thanksgiving to me!!!!!
On a closing note...in regards to James' question about Croom.....fire his ass!!!!
Thursday, November 27, 2008
There are plenty of things to be thankful for this year:
- I am thankful for the Smokey Hollow Electric Smoker that will allow me to cook the Turkey with little effort.
- I am thankful that my 401k is not zero (although 40% down makes me sad)
- I am thankful for Hooters passports. Gotta love 250 free wings.
I am sure there are plenty of other things for which to be thankful, but i just didn't want James to be lonely out here.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- First and foremost...thick skin and a sense of humor. Even after Luke and Mike C. broke into the Little Brown Crack House and turned everything upside down I finally caved after a few days of boredom and invited them back over to drink.
- Flo & Eddie's - It's a shame it burned down. Here is The Reflector article from 2001 about the fire which happened in the early morning hours on Thanksgiving Day while Luke and I watched from across the street. Most of us had some great times there while in school. Tonight make sure you tip your drink in tribute to Flo's.
- That hot, crazy, naked chick (aka the pre-Cruise Katie Holmes look-alike) that lived across the street from the LBC. The first time I met her was in the front yard while we were drinking and grilling. She came over to chat and bummed a beer and a dip. Two words come to mind: HOT and AWESOME! You stay classy crazy, naked chick.
- Nunnrey and Deebo are kind enough to offer assistance and a jacket to the crazy, naked chick while she sits in the middle of Maxwell Street screaming about her pills that her boyfriend just ran off with. My guess is that it was in the low 40s that evening and hopefully she is thankful for the assistance she received.
- Nunnrey heard the baby crying and decided to recruit Deebo to check it out to make sure everything was okay at the crazy, naked chick's apartment.
- Deebo touched her butt.
- That it really wasn't an earthquake that shook the Cotton District seven years ago. It was just Nunnrey falling backwards down the stairs and taking all of the hanging pictures with him while Deebo was touching the crazy, naked chick's butt after they heard a baby crying and decided to invite themselves in to the apartment.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Products are currently available in South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Colorado, Nevada, Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio, Arizona, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Texas, Alabama, Wisconsin, New Jersey, and New York.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- Our Dawgs were able land a W and break the mind control Arkansas has had over us.
- While going through my mail yesterday I had a nice surprise package from Minnesota. It contained our Passports. Now I'm waiting on JT to update his map. I had some Hooters last night to celebrate. Those Daytona wings are pretty damn good.
- Had an unexpected visit from Mark B. Thursday night. He was in Houston for some work stuff and he swung up to Austin for the night. He's got all kinds of exciting news to share...maybe he'll share on the blog so I don't have to steal his thunder.
- Now I guess off to the grocery store to pick-up some items for the feast later this week.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
So I'm enjoying some plain corn chips and salsa, but notice after a while that some of these chips taste like Doritos. I asked Nunnrey about it, and was told, "Yeah, I had a bag of Doritos that was almost empty, and dumped the crumbs in there."
Now I have to be wary about the sanctity of the free food over there.
Orange juice almost empty? Dump it in the milk jug.
Didn't finish that can of tuna? Better put the rest in the peanut butter.
To top it off:
We went by our favorite S. A. burrito place on the way out of town. Last year I spotted that they had a bug problem. I told one of the kids working there, and I guess it wasn't that big a deal to him (I guess he's used to them). Well guess what? They still have that bug problem.
Watch out when you're eating in S. A., Esé.
Monday, November 10, 2008
10:17 p.m. MSU Police responded to the area around Rice Hall for a call about a large disturbance.
Friday, November 7, 2008
- In case of a dead battery don't bother trying to get under the hood. The battery is in the trunk in a side compartment.
- In case of a dead battery don't bother trying to get into the trunk because it has an electric opener only. There is no keyhole to manually open the trunk.
- In case of a dead battery don't bother with calling the Bentley Roadside Assistance since all they will do is tell you that they will dispatch a tow truck for you.
- In case of a dead battery don't bother calling your friend that has a similar Bentley because chances are they won't know what to do either.
- Here is what you can do in case of a dead battery. The car has an auxiliary battery that you can activate by inserting the key into the ignition, turning it all the way counter-clockwise, and then attempting to crank the car.
And no I don't own a Bentley (they cost more than my house), but one of my company's investors does have one and I learned these valuable tips in our parking lot last night. So next time you find yourself in a similar situation, or you get the call from one of your makin' it rain buddies you can now save the day with this knowledge.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
All I need now is a kick to the nads to have a perfect morning started.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Shrek said, 'I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in
the world, but how can I be sure?'
Angelina Jolie agreed. 'I'm told I'm the most gorgeous of them
all, but sometimes I wonder.'
Brad Pitt said, 'I'm pretty sure I'm the sexiest man alive but
I've never had it confirmed.'
They all decided that the best way to find out if their beliefs were
true was to ask the famed talking 'mirror, mirror on the wall' to
confirm for them whether Shrek was the strongest, Angelina Jolie was the
most gorgeous and Brad Pitt was the sexiest.
They agreed to meet again the next day for lunch to discuss their findings.
The next day Shrek walked up with a smile. 'Well, it's true. The
mirror told me that I am the strongest man in the world.'
Angelina Jolie perked up and said: 'And I know for sure that I'm the most
gorgeous woman in the world.'
But Brad Pitt just sat there, lifted his emotionless face and said...'Who the
heck is this Ryder guy???
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Anyway, they had volunteers manning the area with the machines to make sure everyone was capable of reading a screen and pushing buttons. I guess I don't look very savvy because James had already cast his vote for hope or change before my helper had gotten past asking me if I wanted English or Spanish.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
And you can see the Chicken Express logo on the tea. John tried to buy a t-shirt, but apparently you must be an employee to get that hot item.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
So if that is the thoughts inspired by hearing that tune for me... Think Brandon pops wood like some perverted Pavlov's Dog? Lol
Friday, October 17, 2008
7:35 p.m. An employee reported seeing a bow and arrows on the back floorboard of a vehicle at the Hunter Henry Center. It was determined the vehicle was not on Mississippi State University campus.
1:31 a.m. A student was reported to have fallen off of a bicycle on Stone Boulevard.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- Ran up a ~$500 tab at The Grill Friday night. Even better than that...JT picked it up. What a guy!
- Sweet Tea Vodka is good...no...actually it's awesome. Thanks Lukey and Vanessa for bringing down your stash. Shay, next time you mix one up remember to use half water. And thanks to this drink we actually ran out of bottled water before we ran out of beer at the tailgate.
- Had a nice setup in The Junction for tailgating. Big shout out to Devin for taking care of the cooking duties. Although we didn't get any Luther Burgers, Devin did hook us up with some of his Deebo's Delight burgers.
- Potato salad from Bulldog Deli is still like ambrosia.
- Pool + JT + Nunnrey = lots o' water displacement
- Devin really is a dirty Mexican. After digging around in the mud to try and find Vanessa's shoes (walking back to get truck after tailgate), he bathed in the water fountain in front of the Comfort Suites.
- Pork chop and gravy biscuit from Hardee's hits the spot pretty well in the morning while you're hungover.
- JT and I took a tour of the Little Brown Crackhouse. It's still pretty much the same, but the flooring in the kitchen has been replaced and they have a dishwashing machine now (that's BS). Oh yeah, and it smelled like hippies lived there. And I was a little disappointed that there was nobody over there drinking on a Friday night of a home game.
- That's what Deebo loves about college girls, man. He gets older, they stay the same age.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
Wow, that was a nice 4 yd punt. We're still winning though (8:32 left in 2Q), and that's all that matters.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- Shey and I should get to Starkville sometime mid-Friday afternoon (coming from Jackson).
- JT, Lisa, Nunnrey, Kaci are flying into Memphis with a pitstop in Tunica Thursday night, and they will get up to Starkville on Friday.
- I now have confirmation that Luke and Vanessa will be West Bound and Down with some of Lukey's sweet tea vodka arriving sometime Friday.
- Deebo should be headed out as well.
- I've got reports that Crunk Craig and wife are gonna come hang out as well.
We will be working out some tailgating details in the coming days. I'm hoping Nunnrey will cook us up some of his Luther Burgers.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
No, the embarrassment is punishment enough.
Yes, a few months or years.
Somebody out there wants the poor girl to be playing basketball in Pelican Bay.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Bonus travel tip: James is handy in situations like this. We were driving from Jackson to Starkville around the time this story initially surfaced, and he kept me entertained by reading the comments off of badbadteacher.com on his blackberry.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
A best man, allegedly raped by a stripper with a sex toy, had stepped in for the groom who "wasn't interested" in his bucks' party's strip show, a court has heard.
What Would Daniel Do? I'm betting he would have screamed like a little girl and asked for another. Then he would have shared some pizza crust with her.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Of course it could have been the year before when Daniel was VP. But, I think that was my year the change was made. Help me out Daniel, if you remember.
Friday, September 5, 2008
Anyway, just for old time sakes...
My name is Walter E Redacted from Florence, MS born 9/5/Redacted... I'm a virgo (lucky guess one day when the bouncer at some strip club asked what i was) and used to live at Redacted in Florence, MS 39073... SSN: 4..3.8... (i still got it but for his sake i won't give it to yall)...
but really, one of the best times was when me, Andrew, Ellis, and I think somebody else all used the ID to get into platinum... All of a sudden, over the loudspeaker comes the DJ's voice... "would walter Redacted please come to the bar"... ut oh... we all look at each other trying to figure out who should go... well, i don't know who went but apparently i had left my jacket with my wallet in it in a chair somewhere (probably by satelite #2).
good times... and remember... PLATINUM SAVES LIVES
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Anyhow they sent me to Boston for a week of training that included the ususal death by powerpoint that leaves you feeling like you tried to drink from a firehose. So the last night they bring in this "Tony Robbins" like motivational speaker to talk to us about thinking outside the box and pushing our limits, yada, yada, yada...... So at the end he brings us outside of the hotel conference room to the parking lot. They had a big tent setup and a bon fire and by this point I am thinking ok drinks and casual conversation for the rest of the night. Not so fast my friends....
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
He chronicled the crew's taste test in detail, but since we don't know any of them nobody cares. His supplies list in case you want to make your own:
1) ground beef/sirloin
2) sharp cheddar cheese slices
3) bacon, the more the better (as determined by taste testing)
4) Your eating pants
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
A few recent preformances come to mind... Shane Foster putting 33 on us last year in basketball for Vandy??? WTF was that... he beat us singlehandedly, did Stans not see this happening, should we have employed the Hack-A-Shane defence... LSU intercepting us 7 times in the season opener last year, I mean seriously, Croom waited to pull Henig after 5 INT's... I guess that was the breaking point. I don't even want to think about Maine, Troy, and now La Tech.
I am starting to think that I have some sadomasochistic tendancies becasue I routinely subject myself to the punishment of being an MSU fan... the worst part about it is that I pay for this through donations and buying season tickets that I don't even use since I live 12 hours away. I am seriously considering the possiblity of stopping all financial support of Bulldog athletics immediately and spending my time and money with Mistress Troy instead. This way I may at least get some kind of sexual satisfaction to go along with my pain, shame and embarassment/self-loathing that I seem to somehow enjoy so much that I keep coming back for more.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
- No luck on the $5 slots this time around. Lost half of the investment Thursday night at MGM Grand and then lost the rest of it the next night at The Palms. Gave it one last shot with $100 in a $5 Wheel of Fortune on the way out, but didn't hit jack.
- I earned 1700+ points at The Palms playing on the video poker machines. I might have a touch of carpal tunnel now. Total I think I racked up 3500+ points at The Palms including other slots.
- After two nights of losing at the tables I had all but decided not to play on my last night, but then I saw The Palms had a $5 blackjack table (yep that was on Friday night). I couldn't pass that up so I decided to try my luck with $100. Within 15 minutes I got up to about $190 and was set on walking away if I could get to $200. Well, you know how that goes...didn't quite work out that way, but I did walk away with my original $100 and a few beers in me.
- All in all we really enjoyed The Palms.
I guess I'll now explain the title reference to The Outing. Thursday night while watching some college football with Michael and his girl (Iris), she began telling us some more about Michael. Michael had mentioned that they had known and worked with each other for quite a while now, but they never really talked. Michael went on to say that Iris had a friend that was sort of into him, but Iris was steady talking her out of it. Then Iris chimed in that she was talking her friend out of it because she thought Michael was gay.
Iris went on to explain that it was somewhat common knowledge around the workplace that Michael is gay. Iris said she even asked her gay boss to use his super gaydar powers to get the truth. The boss confirmed, Michael is definitely gay.
I don't think Michael appreciated Iris running her mouth since he specifically thanked her (sarcasm inserted) for telling me. And I believe he said something along the lines of, "...now he's going to blog about it and all of my friends will be giving me sh!t for months to come." Michael doesn't know us very well. We won't be giving him a hard time for months to come. Just ask Nunnrey...he's been hearing that chicken lover story for over 8 years now.
Anyway, Michael seemed happy and Iris seems to be doing a good job of converting him straight. Try to take it easy on Michael's gayness. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Anyhow I also received a friend request from Jennifer Oldham ( if your not from BHS move along). Seems she is now living in Kansas and just won some reality show called Design Star. Michael and John are probably fans but I had never heard of the show. Anyhow now you will be able to tell people you know someone with their own TV show as that was the grand prize.
Enough I have football to watch.....
Thursday, August 28, 2008
- Our room at Hooters smells like chicken wings. I sort of like it.
- Our first room at Hooters smelled like skunk and didn't have linens. Didn't really like that which is why we moved to the chicken wing room.
- Our room at The Palms is nice...too bad it's so far away. And yes, we're high rollers like that with two rooms. They both offered up some free rooms and free play so we booked them both. We stayed at Hooters last night so we could be closer to Michael over at Planet Hollywood.
- New York-New York is not the way I remember it. The Big Apple Bar is under construction to be something new. The middle of the casino is walled off and they are building something in there. The rest of the casino has been re-arranged. I do not like it.
- Nunnrey is still texting me thinking he is going to actually show up out here this weekend. Frankly, I'm not sure what the hold up is...I already found him tickets for < $300 and he has some free/cheap room deals.
- Michael did the smart thing and got him an Asian girl. We already have an immediate bond and can point and laugh at the two crackers we're with.
- Slot report: not to shabby so far. Have played Wheel of Fortune at 3 casinos and they've all been friendly enough to let me walk away even. Shey...not so much.
- Against my better judgement after everyone went to bed I went back downstairs to play some blackjack. Hooters has $3 blackjack 24/7. Of course that table was full so I decided to sit at the $10 table. Was down $100 in less than 5 minutes, but wanted to give myself a chance to grind it out and get back to even. Well, let's just say the only thing that was ground out was my chip stack. I couldn't ever get back up to even (probably $50 shy at best) and I finally gave up $150 down because I was falling asleep. The one thing I did win...a DVD. They have some promotion going on that if you get a suited blackjack you get What Happens in Vegas. That might be the most expensive DVD I ever purchased.
- Let's hope for some big money when we play the pooled $5 cherry. Nunnrey...you could come do it in person tonight if you want. Don't be scared.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
I guess if they are going to close down the places where activity like this is legal then all the ladies who have been 'stripped' of their jobs should take thier work outside. I think it is the 'exposure' that they are looking for...
(These sites are probably NSFW unless you work somewhere like I do so check them out with your wives when you get home and maybe you can work something out.)
She has a couple videos for sample on her site and her buddies Melissa and Adri also have some commentary on the subject.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
- Hello New User: When you are on a bad streak using pooled money you simply swap out the player cards to trick the machine into thinking a new user has sat down. You'll also need to say in a computer voice, "Hello, New User" when the slot greets you on its electronic display. Advanced: Cash out the ticket and then re-use the same ticket after the card swap.
- The Massage: Just like a woman, a slot machine needs to be caressed a bit before she'll pay out. Give the machine a nice rub down.
- The Claw: This is Shey's favorite, but it's worked for me on several occasions. Pull the lever and hold it in the fully engaged position until all reels stop spinning.
- The Smoker: Have your smoking partner blow smoke at the machine while playing. Slots love to smoke. A slot that isn't afraid to smoke isn't afraid to pay out.
And of course there are others, but I don't want to spill all of our secrets.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Turns out the city had left a note on the door telling her she's been using too much water. She says the toilet in the second bathroom has been running constantly like the one in the master did (prior to James's plumbery). We check it out, and this thing isn't just mildy running, it's a steady Class III. We slapped a new flapper on there last night, and hopefully that's that. Probably could have saved her some cash if she would have mentioned it earlier. Luckily our property wasn't mentioned in the newspaper like Lance's.
We also picked up a Wii last weekend. We wanted to get a total of four controllers, so James made a logical bet and picked up Wii Play (which included 1 controller). Be forewarned--this game sucks. All the games are not initially available to you. It makes you step through them one at a time to unlock additional games, and most aren't very entertaining.
Background: Back while we were still at State, Sean got his girlfriend knocked up and had to drop out of school so he could make an honest woman out of her. A few of us went down to the wedding including Aaron and Eric. Aaron (maybe he'll treat us to a story about it one day) tells the story best, but to sum up in a nutshell here are some keywords/phrases that come to mind: backwoods Louisiana; trailers; mosquitoes as big as small dogs; coona$$; etc. I really can't do that weekend the justice that it deserves in story telling, but let's just end it with I think Aaron may have a couple of pics of the groomsmen posing in front of Sean's trailer which was in the front yard of his mother-in-law's house which also had grandma's houseboat tied up in the backyard on the bayou.
Today while doing my best to get caught up on useless knowledge so I could talk to John this weekend; I ran across this story in the Gwinnett Daily Post about a couple that got married in the parking lot of the Waffle House they work at. You can read the full story here, but most importantly be sure to check out the slideshow.
Sorry, Sean...but you were the first thing that came to mind when I saw this. Let us know when your next wedding is so we can head on down. What happened to that 18-year old you were dating here in Texas? Love me some Waffle House.
Against my better judgment, my wife convinced me to try out some of her facial wash (the same one that John also uses from their shared dermatologist). And I gotta tell you, I feel like a new woman today. Some of Lukey's sweet tea vodka would make my day complete (joking aside I do want to try that out).
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I ran across a website called SueEasy today and I think they beat my wife to her true calling. From SueEasy's About Us section:
SueEasy is an online application where you can file your complaints in a variety of legal categories.
At SueEasy our primary concern is for you to register a genuine complaint or grievance as quickly and as simply as possible. We take pride in our efficient online application, designed specifically for you to register your lawsuit; view, edit, submit and be in touch with the best lawyers as soon as possible.
For those of you not in the know or that need a reminder...do not cross Shey. Daniel may slap you in the back of the neck, but my wife will sue your a$$ and take it to trial. Too bad she didn't come up with this idea first.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
So here's to you Mr. Sweet Tea Vodka Maker... when everyone else is satisfied with their tea, you took it upon yourself to make tea that gets you hammered. By combining your passion for tea with your alcoholic tendencies you created the perfect drink. There's only one thing left to say... Sweet Tea Vodka = Absolute Deliciousness.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
In other exciting news the Vegas trip is coming up next week. Let Michael and I know when you are getting there. I hear they will be giving away tons 'o money while we're there.
Monday, August 18, 2008
It's time for you to get on the horn and get the rest of our peeps to sign up. As usual, it's open to all if you want to invite your punk ace co-workers or friends that want to talk smack. If you need me to invite you again send me an email or post a comment and I'll hook you up.
I'm looking forward to the 2008 pre-season predictions. I can't remember who did it last year, but I'd be willing to bet that it will be safe to say Nunnrey will forget to make the majority of his picks again this season.
And don't forget Ryder has a money league as well. He's posted the information on the message board on the Phatboys league.
6 responded yes
5 responded no
Do you use the Sonic drive thru option?
2 responded yes
8 responded no
Some of my general thoughts on the topic:
- I didn't expect such a close call on the tipping question. I was under the impression that more people tipped their carhop. I'm not hatin on you for not...just thought it was common practice.
- During a team lunch a couple of weeks ago only the females responded that they did not tip although one of them said that this is a point of contention with her husband. She said that she typically will go through the drive thru for the sole purpose of not having her husband tip the skinny, b!tchs on rollerskates. I am now assuming that some of the other guys that I work with do not tip either, but they responded yes so they would not be outed as a cheap bastard.
- I don't quite get the drive thru as a viable alternative to the drive in UNLESS one of several criteria are met:
- You have a wife that makes you choose the drive thru to avoid tipping.
- There are no drive in spaces available.
- There are no vehicles in the drive thru line (but even then this is questionable).
- Your vehicle does not have reverse.
- None of the males I worked with admitted to using the drive thru option. Again, I have a feeling they were not completely honest.
- One female in my work discussion said that it was faster to use the drive thru. I beg to differ. We even laid out a scenario where there were already two cars in the drive thru; she would still choose to wait in that line as opposed to pulling into a drive in space and placing her order immediately.
- Michael, do your carhops often give you small talk when they deliver your order?
What are your thoughts or comments?
Sunday, August 17, 2008
So now I have a damn cricket in my truck. I guess it'll sound like I'm camping on my way to work tomorrow. Thanks James.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
So I am drinking a Grey Goose and Cranberry and thinking, this sure is hell of a lot cheaper drink than John's bachelor party. Hell I paid more for that night (even when it was split by 5 people) than when I disappeared at Platinum for two hours with my student loan money.
Austin ranks high for its drinking habits across the board. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) 2007 Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey, 61.5% of adult residents say they have had at least one drink of alcohol within the past 30 days, and a staggering 20.6% of respondents confess to binge drinking, or having five or more drinks on one occasion.
Some residents attribute those numbers to the city's sizable population of college students. Austin is home to several schools, including the University of Texas at Austin, one of the largest universities in the country.
Some residents are obviously looking in the wrong place to find the root cause. If they have ever had the opportunity to meet John they would then know that he is working his hardest at raising the average number of beers consumed by Austinites in one sitting.
On another note, who came up with the definition of binge drinking? If you aren't planning on drinking more than 5 beers why would you even choose to drink?
- Do you tip your Sonic carhop?
- Do you use the Sonic drive thru option?
I am curious to see your habits and we can discuss further after the polls close.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Together, with another responding officer, the two walked up to the home and found the naked man, then on the couch, conducting a lewd act with a claw hammer, plastic bag and motor oil.
I've seen and heard some odd things in my life. Naked Leprechaun, snow skiing, man the pump, the claw, Spiderman, Emeril, clown face, etc. But what sort of lewd act does one do to himself with a claw hammer?
Where is Erik W. from? Is this how they roll up in Muncie?
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I also have a beer update. Stefanie bought some of the Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit, and I gave it a test. It's ok (if you're out of Coors/Miller Light).
Assorted travel tips:
1) If you stop at the Buc-ee's on I-10 in Luling, TX go ahead and budget some time. I've never seen a gas station this busy. Do take the opportunity to stop at any Buc-ee's you pass though. Clean restrooms, cool store-branded merchandise, etc. Strong buy: sweet & spicy jerky.
2) In Rosemary Beach, FL and eating at Wild Olives? Sit inside unless there's a stiff wind. Seems to be a lot of flies in the area.
Are you kidding me??? Of course I would love to have another spicy breast. Today must be my lucky day. I think I'll pick up some lotto tickets on the way home. Love that chicken from Popeyes...it's bonafide.
Starkville is unique. It's the only place I know where sofas belong on
front porches, golf visors are worn at night, and Brewski's had a waiting
list. State is about much more than classes, it's an experience that you
will treasure your entire life.
What is it about MSU that gets in your blood and intoxicates
you with its sweet southern comfort?
Maybe its the beauty of the Drill Field and the way it feels to sit on the grass
halfway study before that big test.
Or it Could be...
.. piling in a car with six of your friends and riding around town on a
sunny afternoon heading out to the Refuge
..catching your favorite local band and knowing that one day soon
they'll be famous
..hanging out at the Burgandy Room or the Grill or the Courthouse
catching the beer specials
..spending more time trying to see who's in the library than you do actually
..scanning "Bad Dawgs" to see who got a DUI, and laughing at the drunk
guy who was arrested for singing in his boxers
..stopping and realizing when you're out with your best friends that these
are the people that will one day be in your wedding.
Maybe its the football games, finding a date, dressing up, trying to
stomach a Beam and Coke at 9 am after a Friday night
that began at Mexico Tipico's happy hour, and recognizing that same
excitement in the eyes of older alumni who keep coming back year after year, joining
their old friends and hoping to catch a glimpse of their youthful times at State.
We will look back and realize that our time here was short, but we made
the best of it. We were only here four of five years (some people six or
seven, if they knew how to work their parents). Now we will be making road
trips TO Starkville instead of FROM it, joining our old college buddies
still dressing up for the games and still scanning the crowd for familiar faces.
We'll be dressing differently and the familiar faces will be a little
more scarce. We'll look over into that student section and remember
when...when it was our time here and how quickly it came and went.
We'll wonder about all those people we use to know;
Where are they now? Are they successful? What about that cute girl I had a
crush on, is she married or bald?
Yes, we'll lose touch with a lot of people and names will be
forgotten, but you'll ALWAYS have your close friends from Mississippi State.
You'll email, talk on the phone, play bridge or have supper clubs on
Tuesday nights and most of your conversations will begin with those
two special words to which will have the power to make you laugh or cry
or simply smile-
Monday, August 4, 2008
We left on Sunday, stopping for lunch in Lockhart (the BBQ capital of TX) at Black's BBQ. Not too shabby. We stayed the night in Lafeyette, LA at some hotel downtown. Word of warning, not a lot of stuff open on Sunday night down there. The only other person we saw at the hotel was the guy that was working the desk. Apparently someone blindfolds him and drops him off at work every night, because he couldn't tell us a place that would be open for dinner. I saw a brochure in the lobby for Don's Seafood, and of course, he didn't know which direction it was either (turns out it was a couple blocks away). He did offer to Mapquest it for us though.
Anyway, we arrived in Seacrest Beach, FL this afternoon and the water is closed today. Here are the flags from our patio.
One more note, we had lunch at Oysterella's in Mobile today. I'm issuing a strong buy on the steak sandwich they had on special.
I’m sitting in our conference room minding my business and a gorilla comes busting through the door! I’m about to go ninja style on him as I’m nearest to the door and I need to protect my co-workers, but then the gorilla breaks into singing Happy Birthday.
Several years ago at my previous employer a group of us had gotten together and did this to our boss. Today was payback time and some of my old co-workers decided it was my turn. I guess it is true when they say what goes around comes around. I need a nap; my hip hurts.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Are you jealous that this is not the stuff that you get to talk about at dinner?
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Now I'm not talking ball gags, whips or yellow discipline here. What I mean is that if a new job and new baby weren't enough, Kim and I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and move houses.
I guess it has something to do with being raised in an Air Force family that we feel the need for a change of scenery every 3-5 years. Or it could be that Paco and Rosario have moved in their 15 closest family members into the house across the street (as a bonus each "family" has a car which at last count totaled 6). Or it could be because my drug addict neighbor hasn't had any cops in the neighborhood in the last 6 months and I'm just getting bored. (Sidenote: This is not the ghetto in case you are wondering just my luck to be sandwiched between these idiots) Nevertheless Kim and I are moving to a town north of Nashville which will be closer to my parents (aka free babysitters) and our church friends.
So we are now in process of packing all our crap into boxes for the trek across town. Luckily for me I am starting jury duty next week (plese be a trial for my drug addict neighbor) and flying to Boston for the week after that, which will leave the majority of box duty to Kim.
So stay tuned for change of address announcements real soon.