Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sailed into the sunset...

JT called to let me know that Capt Bob (JT's step father) passed away last night and is now sailing into the sunset. Thought I'd share a few memories....

I'll never forget Capt Bob introducing me Bananas Foster (still my favorite to this day).

Watching him sleep with a Winston hanging from his lip wondering if he could actually get thru the entire cig without the ash breaking free.

Capt Bob sailing us to the Bahamas for our senior trip and putting up with 6 punk ass teenage boys. As long as we kept him in steady supply of cold Kalik beer.

Knowing that after 4 years of high school and untold cases of beer that J and I lifted from his supply Capt Bob never once complained.

You will be missed....

1 comment:

LCA said...

I agree... I only met the Capt. twice, however it was through his good graces that I was introduced to "The Name Game", "Punching the Dolphin", and "Loosing the keys in my Dick". Also, if it wasn't for the sailing trips I don't think that the phrase "Drunk Luke" would have ever been coined.

Smooth sailing Captain Bob.