Monday, May 17, 2010

5.11 Days Door Prize

GT Distributors had 5.11 Days (20% off all 5.11 gear) at their Austin location last week.  The promo featured extended hours, door prizes, and discounts on many items in the store.  John and I decided to go Friday morning before work since they opened at 7:30 AM.  We got 10% coupons as part of the "early bird" special.  And we also signed up for their hourly door prize drawings which included a hunting/fishing trip, a couple of Glock 22s and various other goodies.

Friday evening I received a call letting me know I won a door prize.  It was already closing time so they said I could swing by on Saturday or this week to come pick it up.  I was really hoping for a Glock, but I was happy to win anything.  Here is what I ended up with.
Contents of the 5.11 door prize bag (all 5.11 branded):
  • BBQ sauce
  • Dry rub
  • Coffee mug
  • Multi-tool
  • Carabiner
  • Cap
  • T-shirt
  • $25 gift card to GT Distributors
The gift card was genius.  I had already spent ~$100 on Friday, but now I had an additional $25 burning a hole in my pocket that I felt obliged to spend (which I did).

No comments: