Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Starkville Hotels: Americas Best Value Inn

I've got to say it seemed slightly better than last year, but maybe I just drank more this time. Our room was lacking an alarm clock and a remote control. The phone had the button for a wake-up call, but that didn't work and the hotel did not provide the service. The towels are standard bath towel size and feature ~40 grit size with the absorbency of a single-ply paper towel. Made drying off quite pleasurable.

Before you even have a chance to enjoy the towel be sure to check out the shower which begins with a flush out feature. When you turn on the water it looks like coffee grounds are coming out.

As with any hotel room I try to avoid direct contact with the comforter if possible. Friday night I woke up shaking because I was so cold. I adjusted the a/c unit and then tried to warm up on my wife. After she yelled at me I found myself with no choice but to wrap up in the comforter.

Our door handle was also a treat. To close the door from outside the room you actually had to insert the key card to allow you to turn the handle up before the door would pull shut.

No comments: