Friday, July 4, 2008

Simple Man

As I'm sitting here drinking beer and watching the festivities on TV we stop on the Lynyrd Skynyrd concert from Louisville, Kentucky on HDNet. They were just starting to play Simple Man and I was commenting on this band being one of the best live concerts I've been too. I can remember wearing my Goldberg t-shirt while Luke was sporting his Stone Cold shirt and overalls while at the concert in Memphis on Halloween back in college.

During Freebird everyone had their lighter in the air and afterwards one of you jacka$$es stuck your hot lighter on my arm. I forgive you for that. Anyway, I was commenting on liking Simple Man and my wife asked, "...wasn't that the song playing in the background of Luke's wedding?"

The best part...Shey wasn't at that wedding, but obviously she hasn't been drinking as much as I have today. But yes, the song did play in the background from a nearby festival during Luke's wedding vows. That weekend was a great time. Most memorable stories: bridal fight at the local bar after the wedding (while in wedding dresses); Devin's bartender hookup; Michael's wedding coordinator hookup. I'll let the guilty parties write about their own stories, but it makes me laugh to think about it.

Have a great 4th of July and be safe!

No comments: