Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You never know what's coming

I've debated whether--or to what extent--I was going to write about this. While I've decided to mention it, a lot of the who, what, and where are being left out.

Last week Stefanie and I went to our weekly night at the shooting range. We tried out my new XD, and she put some rounds through her Glocks (she's getting pretty good). It was approaching cease fire time, and we were wrapping up. While I was getting my stuff ready to put in my bag I heard a shot which, in and of itself, isn't all that special considering our location. But something was different this time.

I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I looked over and saw someone fall down. My initial reaction was the guy tripped. A quick survey puts that theory to rest, we're looking at someone that was severely injured. An accident, that's what it had to be. Things got a little crazy at this point. I yelled for someone to call 911. Stefanie and I tried to do what we could for the guy, and quickly one of the range employees had joined in to help. It didn't take too long to realize that we were probably not witnessing the aftermath of an accident (viz., it was intentionally self-inflicted).

Police and EMS were on the scene soon afterward, but in the end, the man didn't make it. Well, there's my downer of a story for the night.

I think I'll be picking up some MyClyns soon. I'd rather have it, and not need it, than...

1 comment:

James said...

Time to find some shooting land.