Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Mexican

Last year Shey's parents came out for a visit and brought her 9-year old cousin along. Since the cousin is a bit too young to be incriminated we'll call her Nicki (the name of her favorite American Girl doll). Nicki is a very cute little girl and that weekend we had a lot of fun taking her to Dave & Busters and site seeing around town. Nicki also forced me to watch several episodes of Hannah Montana while explaining to me all of the back story so I would know what was going on. I powered through it until she would fall asleep so I could watch my boxing, The Simpsons, etc.

Last weekend Shey was back in MS for a wedding. The wedding was for Nicki's aunt (another one of Shey's cousins). When Shey came back, she said that my sister-in-law had over heard Nicki talking with another family member at the wedding about the Mexican that Shey is married to out in Texas. Huh? She thinks I'm a Mexican?

Now I guess I've heard it all. John's sister-in-law thinks (or at least used to think) that Mark and I are brothers. She also thinks we are of Eskimo descent. Now part of Shey's family thinks I am a Mexican. All I've got to say is that I need to find my igloo so I can take a siesta...this typing makes me sleepy.

2 comments:

DP said...

You have to be an eskimo cause a mexican could handle the heat and all you do is sweat. Plus if you had walked across the border you'd probably weigh 150 lbs. No go eat some whale blubber and seal meat.

Anonymous said...

I agree with DP. It is much easier to picture James walking around in Ugg boots clubbin' baby seals than it is to envision him wearing a sombrero . That and the whole sweating thing.....