Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Results are in

I thought I should do y'all a service and pass along the results of the Lime-y beer taste test James and I performed. We've recently seen the introduction of three new beers that can save you from having to add your own Twang.

Miller Chill came out last year, and we added it to our lineup in a limited capacity. It's a little weird, and you generally don't feel like having more than one or two. This relegated it to mostly a celebration/consolation beer after taking in an MSU game at a bar.

Luckily for us, Anheuser-Busch came strong and brought, in my opinion at least, 2 better options. Weeks ago, we happened to have Bud Light Lime and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus on hand at James's house and decided we should figure out which was better. I won't try to build up any suspense--Bud Light Lime was the winner. It has a stronger lime flavor. Ultra Lime Cactus is no slouch, it just seemed a little more understated.

Now for the bad news. These beers don't seem to be available everywhere, and I think I read that some may just be a seasonal thing. Even at stores that do carry them it seems to be hit and miss. The HEB closest to us is out of Lime Cactus and BL Lime frequently. Stock up while you can.

2 comments:

James said...

I'm still a little shocked that you didn't know what Twang was until 2007.

John said...

When I'm in the gas station, I'm just trying to get my magazines and get out as fast as possible.