Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Move that mullet so I can smack that neck....

Alright sports fans, make sure to watch your local news tonight cause I might just be on it.



First let me give you a little background....

See living here in Nashville allows one to really understand why it is called "Music City USA". I mean every freaking person you meet is some sort of musician, songwriter, or singer. However, ala Hollywood if you ask more detailed questions (Whats your day job?) you will generally find that most either flip burgers, tend bar, or offer happy endings at the local massage parlor. Every once in a blue moon you get an opportunity to meet someone that is actually a full-time musician/writer/singer. I have a close friend/poker buddy that is one of these elusive creatures and in the past two years he has hit the big time with several #1 songs on the country charts.



Sidenote: I really need to figure out how to write music. This guy used to make his kids split a water when we went out to eat, no joke. Since his debut he has paid cash for a house and two new cars. Not to mention he gets to hang out with Carrie Underwood and Julie Ann Hough.



Alright so all that to say.... today at 3pm I am going to my first #1 party. My friend wrote "You're Gonna Miss This" performed by Trace Adkins ~ aka Mr Honky Tonk Badonkadonk~ and is being recognized with a golden something. Well Trace will be there and since the aforementioned Badonkadonk song I can't stand him. So maybe just maybe I'm gonna walk up to that tall SOB and push that greasy mullet to the side and punch him square in the vertabrae.

Wish me luck....

3 comments:

James said...

You may have met your match...Trace is like 50 Cent in that he's been stabbed and shot before. He might slap you silly with his gimp finger and then pee on you.

DP said...

Aint skeered.

I too have a collection of scars, stab wounds and bullet holes. On more than one occaision I have skint my knee, gotten a big splinter and I was even shot in my eye ala Too Short(ok mine was with a BB Gun).

Anywho... one of these days I still need to figure out how I got this reputation for slappin necks. I'd bet it is a good story.

John said...

So who won? You or Badonkadonk?