Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Asian Humor

I watched Street Kings this weekend starring Keanu Reeves.  It reminded me of Training Day, but now I see the same guy that wrote Training Day directed Street Kings so that might have something to do with it.  Anyway, enough of my movie review.  There was one key scene near the beginning where Keanu is talking with a couple of Korean thugs and here is some of the dialogue courtesy of IMDB:
Thug Kim: Konnichiwa is Japanese. It's insultin' to Koreans. 
Tom Ludlow (this is Keanu's character if you can't figure it out): How am I supposed to tell if you can't? 
Thug Kim: F*ck's that supposed to mean, white boy? 
Tom Ludlow: It means you got eyes like apostrophes, you dress white, talk black, and drive Jew. So how am I supposed to know what kind of zipperhead dog-munching dink you are if you don't? 
Boss Kim: Yo. D'you know who the f*ck we are? 
Tom Ludlow: Yeah. You're a couple panheads buyin' a machine gun out of a trunk. 
I figured a few of you would enjoy those racist remarks towards my people.  If it at all matters I think the movie was pretty good and I'll give it a recommend if you want to check it out.

No comments: