Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Challenge: Grilled Cheese

Back at MSU, I remember a day enjoying lunch at the Lamma house when Daniel challenged me to a grilled cheese sandwich eating contest.  How could you turn that down?  And so it began.  I don't remember exactly how many we ate, but for some reason I think I had around 6 or 7.  Daniel on the other hand was a machine and easily beat my number and I lost my first grilled cheese sandwich eating contest.

Today I read in the Austin Business Journal that we are getting a Chedd's restaurant which specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches with 35 varieties of cheese and 8 different breads.  Daniel, would you care to come down for a rematch?

5 comments:

Sean Comeaux said...

Man I want in on this contest. I been wanting to take a trip up there anyway. Finally a sport made for me.

James said...

You might need to take out a life insurance policy first. I remember at Greek Week we had you in that Twinkie eating contest and you were choking to death.

DP said...

I think my final tally was around 11-12. Problem was I was stopped up like an old tube of caulk for a couple days and my cholesterol peaked around 500 shortly thereafter (the ranch dipping sauce didn't help).

While I'm confident I would retain my belt, don't think I'll make it.

James said...

Can I count that as a forfeit?

Anonymous said...

You turn that contest into a Cream Cheese Wonton eating contest and you've got yourself a challege! I must warn you though....I'm good. Just ask Tally how bad I beat him at his own game back when we were in college.