Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eastbound & Down

Just checked out the first few episodes of Eastbound & Down on HBO.  It's about a baseball pitcher that is burned out and likes his vices a bit too much.  He ends up back in his hometown and working as a gym teacher trying to plot his comeback to the pro's.

So far I gotta recommend this one.  The guy's name is Kenny Powers and for some reason I am reminded of Luke.  Lot's of beer drinking and crude humor.  In the show the dude has his own self-help tapes that he listens to on a daily basis.  One of the quotes I heard tonight:
I've been blessed with many things in this life - an arm like a damn rocket, a c0ck like a Burmese python and the mind of a f@#%in' scientist. So people often ask me, "Kenny, what are your weaknesses - do you have any?" I would say that my biggest flaw, my Achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.


No comments: