Friday, March 6, 2009

Hotel Fun

So I made it home from my trip without any complications.  I do have one more tidbit to share.

First, let me set the stage.  My flight out of Boston was at 6:00 AM this morning.  Which meant getting up at ~3:30 AM so I could knock out the three s's, check-out, turn rental car in, etc. Last night we had to do some maintenance on our application which was started at around 11:00 PM.  This lasted until about 11:30 PM and after I wrapped up with work and brushed my teeth I finally headed to bed knowing that I had less that 4 hours before I needed to wake back up to leave.

As I headed to bed, I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.  Silence and sleep...exactly what my body desired...or was it?  The walls in my hotel must have been slightly thicker than a sheet of paper for I could hear every breath, bed squeak, and moan of the people in the next room making sweet, sweet love.

I let this go on for a few minutes before I decided to try and drown them out with the TV.  This didn't actually work too well.  I was steady flipping through the stations and finally landed on a Latino channel where there was a soap opera on (come on...the girl looked good so I stopped).  I could still hear my neighbors and for a brief period while they were making love on TV I actually muted the sound so I could use the live sound effects.  Didn't match up too well, but it made me giggle.

I've got to hand it to the dude...this went on for at least 10-15 minutes while I was aware and not sure about what was going on before I turned off my TV.  Needless, to say...when that alarm went off this morning I was not happy that they robbed me of the extra 15 minutes of sleep.

No comments: