Monday, March 16, 2009

I do want an AR-15!

In response to John's POST on 2-24-09, I do want an AR-15 and I have begun acquiring the parts to build my own!

I picked up my lower today and I also grabbed a couple of 10/30 mags. I know this sucks, but at least it looks like the real deal. For those of you unaware, only 10 round magazines are allowed in California. A 10/30 magazine is a 30 round magazine that has been modified with an insert to only allow it to hold 10 rounds. I suppose at some point they could probably be modified back to their original 30 round capacity....but only if I move out of the state! As previously mentioned, I have also ordered an RRA lower parts kit and a Command Arms SRS stock, both of which have yet to ship. Anyways, here is a picture of what I have accumulated so far.





AMMO UPDATE: I stopped in Wal-Mart yesterday to pick up a new wallet for my girlfriends daughter (she had lost hers at the movies earlier that day) and while there I decided to check out the ammo. Much to my surprise, they had .223 ammo in 20, 40 and 100 round boxes. I reckon I'll swing back by tomorrow and pick up (2) 100 round boxes @ $39 each. After that, I will then check the 3 other Wal-Marts in my area and buy up all that I can.

1 comment:

John said...

Ouch. 10 round limit? That's barely a step up from a sling.